Perfect for shorter missions, the Ambush optimises the area on a user's back with a wider platform, shorter torso length and reduced stack height. With external access to the 3L Mil Spec Crux Reservoir that provides 25% more water per sip, the Ambush is our largest hydration pack that includes external fill.
- External fill for rapid refill without having to remove reservoir from pack
- Uses 500D Double-rip Cordura Fabric for the ultimate combination of strength and durability
- Top and bottom external zip pockets hold your essentials
- Low-profile Mountain MOLLE on bottom pocket
- Side-release shoulder straps for rapid removal
- Side zippers allows easy access to the reservoir fill port
- D-Rings for tube management
- Lightweight webbing harness
- Adjustable sternum strap
- Hook-and-loop strap management
- Add or remove name tags and unit badges quickly with integrated hook-and-loop panel
- Ergonomic webbing grab handle
- Drain hole on hydration compartment
CamelBak Got Your Bak Guarantee: If we built it, we'll Bak it with our lifetime guarantee.
Material: - 500D Ripstop Cordura, 500D Double Rip Cordura, 500D Ripstop Cordura
Weight: - 0.8 kg
Size in Litres: - 3
Length: - 41 cm
Width: - 25 cm
Depth: - 15 cm
We recommend wiping your pack with a damp cloth to remove dirt. If the pack is extremely dirty and needs a deeper cleaning, soak it in cool or warm water with a very mild soap. Rinse the pack thoroughly with cool water. If soap residue remains in the fabric, it may create suds if exposed to water or sweat.
DO NOT wash your pack in a washing machine. Machine washing may damage the pack or affect the integrity of the fabric and fasteners, and will void the Got Your Bak™ Guarantee.
The best way to care for your reservoir is to clean and dry it after every use, especially if you fill the reservoir with anything other than water. However, if a reservoir has not been cleaned after every use, and mold or discoloration develops:
Use hot water and a CamelBak Cleaning Tablet. (Or use 2 tablespoons of baking soda or bleach instead of CamelBak Cleaning Tab.) Mix the solution inside your reservoir and elevate the reservoir above the tube and Big Bite Valve. Pinch the bite valve, allowing the solution to flow into the drink tube and fill the bite valve.
Let the reservoir and cleaning solution sit in the reservoir and drink tube for about 30 minutes.
Wash the reservoir with hot water and mild soap. Be sure to completely rinse away the cleaning solution in the reservoir and drink tube before using again. You can also use CamelBak brushes from our Cleaning Kit to scrub your reservoir and drink tube. Brushes are the best way to ensure you are scrubbing all of the areas of the reservoir clean.
Once the reservoir is clean, be sure to air dry overnight so no moisture is trapped inside, which can cause mold to grow.
These steps will make your reservoir safe for use. If there are still spots left behind, these are permanent mold stains that may not be removable. However, your reservoir is still safe and usable after you’ve cleaned it.
Product InfoStock AvailabilityReviews