What does the warranty cover?
Victorinox guarantees any stainless steel product that it sells to be free from defect in material, construction or workmanship under normal use and following the care instructions. This excludes damage caused by misuse or accident. The warranty extends only to the product’s original purchaser. Chips in the knife blades, broken knife tips, discolouration from food and rust spots are not covered. Knife chips and broken knife tips can often be repaired by re-sharpening.
The following are excluded from the warranty:
- Damage caused from misuse, improper use or accident
- Misuse cutting hard substances such as frozen foods, bones, hard nuts, hard cheese etc
- Improper use using item as a screwdriver, can or bottle opener, etc
- Accident dropping knife on the floor or hitting against other hard surfaces
- Rust and discolouration stemming from inadequate after care
Victorinox goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. The benefits to the consumer given by this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies of the consumer under a law in relation to the goods to which the warranty relates
To make a claim please contact Victorinox Directly